Maxwelltown West Church Social GroupMay 23, 2013
The MaxWest Social Group, which was created following a meeting on 1st March 2012, now consists of a total of 30 members and comprises a broad cross-section of the Church membership and also includes younger and older members, Elders and Deacons.
The Social Group has evolved during the past year and does not operate with a formal committee but has the following structure:-
* A total of 5 members, who have volunteered to rotate as Chairpersons.
* The Chairpersons have an agreed set of guidelines to maintain continuity at the meetings.
* A total of 8 members who have volunteered to take the minutes at meetings in rotation.
* There is a defined Finance Group of 3 members who manage the Finances. This is necessary to control the Bank account.
Although the Social Group is not a Fundraising Group, moneys have been donated to the Group at various events.
Over the past year the Social Group has organised 4 events:-
- Easter Brunch
- Haggis Drive
- Scottish Night
- Christmas Brunch
The Social Group has also assisted at the Organ Recital Fundraising event, which was organised by the Organ Fundraising Group.
During 2013 the following events are planned:-
- The Easter Brunch was held on Sunday 31st March, with over 100 members of the congregation and visitors enjoying a variety of soups, sandwiches, tea, coffee and soft drinks. A Craft event and Easter Egg Hunt were organised for the children.
- The Social Group will also again assist in the Organ Concert on Saturday 1st June, which is being organised by the Organ Fundraising Group.
- A “Something” Drive (Beetle/Panda/Crocodile) is planned for Saturday 31st August.
- A second Christmas Brunch is planned for Sunday 15th December.
All these events are co-ordinated by a small group of volunteers, with all members of the Social Group playing their parts as agreed, before and on the date of the event.
The Social Group will continue to evolve, with the main aim of the members to develop friendship and fellowship amongst all those individuals, who are associated, in any way, with Maxwelltown West Church and to provide a warm welcome to visitors.
Anyone who wishes to participate in the Social Group or can offer any assistance or ideas can contact me in the first instance. I MacPh .